Farmer's Choice Local Provisions
Farmer's Choice Membership has benefits:
Eat Locally ~ Eat Seasonally ~ Eat OrganicallyNOTE: MEMBERSHIP SOLD OUT.
To be placed on the waiting list, please email Mary.Become a member and save $3.50 over retail order pricing!
Each Farmer's Choice Local Provisions order contains hand selected seasonal organic and locally grown fresh produce, herbs, flowers, fruit and other artisan food products. All items are grown using organic methods and harvested within 48 hours of pickup.
- All the value of a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) membership without the long term commitment
- Receive weekly availability notifications (email or text) to access our members-only Farmer's Choice Local Provisions order page.
- Orders contain 4 items chosen by your personal farmer and are priced to give you a $3.50 saving over the same order if purchased individually
- Order often or occasionally to suit your needs
- Multi-day pick-up options
- Knowing and supporting your local farmer!
Our Local Provisions order is filled weekly with freshly harvested produce from our farm and other carefully selected partner farms.
Ordering weekly is a great alternative for those of you who don't want to join a full season subscription CSA and still want to eat locally and seasonally.
A Local Provisions order is a convenient way to get an assortment of nutritious seasonal produce for your salads, entrees and dessert recipes at a great price!
Order by 5 pm on Tuesday of each week and pick-up at one of our three locations or delivery to Monroe business locations on Thursday.
What's in a Order?
The $12.50 Farmer's Choice ~ Local Provisions order will contain four seasonal items, and like a traditional Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, the items contained in the order are the "Farmer's Choice" (that's me). This is a great way to experience the seasons through local produce!
You have the choice to purchase an "add-on" item to your Farmer's Choice order or order featured items separately. For example, "one dozen eggs" is an add-on item.
In the cool seasons we grow spinach, kale, lettuce, radishes, pea shoots, scallions, a variety of herbs and greens, arugula, beets, carrots, salad turnips and micro-green mixes. The Windcrest Farmer will select four of these items to include in your order.
In the warmer seasons, our harvest list includes tomatoes, peppers, onions, eggplant, okra, herbs and summer greens, to name a few.
We can't and don't grow everything we like to eat, so Windcrest Farm may add seasonal products from other local farms (within a 25 mile radius of Windcrest Farm) to the weekly order and add-on list. All participating farms are neighboring family farms practicing sustainable and natural farming practices. If you have any questions about the origin or growing practices of our offers, please ask!How It Works
Pickup / Delivery Locations
- Sign up for a Local Provisions Membership for $7/year. With a savings of $3.50 over retail, your membership fee is recouped in only two orders!
- Select your preferred pickup or delivery location (don't worry, you can change it later).
- At checkout, let us know in the "Order Comments" box if you would like us to contact you via text or email.
- Watch for a reminder email and text (if selected) each week to place your order by 5 pm on Tuesday.
- Pay online - no waiting in line to pay for your order at pickup.
- Plan to pick up your order at one of our three locations or become a Monroe delivery destination (see below).
- Wednesday - Tuscany Neighborhood, Waxhaw, NC, 4 pm to 6 pm
- Thursday - Delivery to business locations in Monroe, NC
- Friday - Windcrest Farm, Monroe, NC, 3 pm to 6 pm
- Sat - Matthews Farmers Market, Matthews, NC 8 am to 9:30 am
Interested in becoming a pick-up location?Things to Know
To make business delivery effective, we need a minimum of 3 ordering members at each location.
To help build our membership and establish your business as a delivery location, we will deliver your first two orders to a Monroe business location so you can show your friends and co-workers how easy it is to eat locally, seasonally and organically and encourage them to become Local Provision members with free delivery.
Contact Mary for more details!
After the initial two orders, if we do not have 3 ordering members at a location, we would be happy to deliver your order in Monroe for a $3 delivery fee.
- Windcrest Farm may add seasonal products from other local farms (within a 25 mile radius of Windcrest Farm) to the weekly order. All participating farms are family farms practicing sustainable and natural farming practices.
- Order early! The number of memberships is limited but, due to the nature of farming, may still exceed the number of boxes available each week.
- If you place an order online and decide you would like to cancel the order, please let us know 24 hours before your pick-up or delivery date. We will either refund your order payment or apply it to your next order - your choice.