USDA Certified Organic Turmeric from Windcrest Farm
It's easy to add turmeric to dishes you already make!
- Add turmeric to rice to add a lovely color and mild flavor
- Toss with roasted vegetables such as cauliflower, potatoes and other root vegetables
- Turmeric adds extra warmth to both vegetable and meat-based soups
- Sprinkle on sauteed or braised greens such as cabbage, kale and collards
- Blend turmeric in your daily smoothie
More recipe ideas below...
(adapted from Dr. Weil's recipe)
Golden Milk combines the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric, ginger, and black pepper into a delicious beverage that can be served hot or cold.
- 2 cups light unsweetened coconut milk (almond, rice, soy or dairy milk can also be used)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp. fresh turmeric, grated
- 3 to 4 black peppercorns
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Honey or sweetener (optional)
Combine all of ingredients in a saucepan, cover, and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes. Strain (if desired) and sweeten to taste (optional).
Turmeric Almond Dressing
(adapted from epicurious)
This creamy dressing is great drizzled over fresh salads, cooked vegetables and/or grain bowls.
- 2 tsp. fresh turmeric, grated
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. natural almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. local honey
- 1.4 tsp. sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth (approx. 3 minutes). Taste and adjust salt and/or lemon juice as needed.
Makes approx. 3/4 cup dressing
Dark & Limey Cocktail
(adapted from Cooking Light magazine)
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh turmeric
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp. grated lime rind
- 3 Tbsp. (1-1/2 oz.) dark rum
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup seltzer water
- Dash of bitters
- Lime rind stripes (optional)
Muddle turmeric, sugar, salt and lime rind in a cocktail shaker. Add
rum, juice and ice cubes; stir until chilled. Strain into a highball
glass filled with ice. Add seltzer and bitters; stir. Garnish with lime
rind, if desired.
- 1 cup hemp or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup mango chunks
- 1 fresh banana
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. maca
Combine all ingredients in a blender, BLEND & ENJOY!