Over the years we have been blessed and supported by volunteers who help us make light work with many hands. Whether you come for a few hours, a few days or a few seasons, there is always something to do, something interesting to learn and great conversation.
Volunteer Opportunities are available on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. Our weekends are dedicated to markets, events and rest, so we do not schedule volunteer hours on Saturday or Sunday unless we need help with an event or special project. During the cooler days of spring and fall, we start in the field or greenhouses at 9am and finish around 3pm. In the heat of the summer, we begin at 7am and finish at 1pm.
Here's what you need to know about spending time on the farm:
- Please let us know you are coming so we can plan. We know life happens, so if we are expecting you and your plans have changed or you are delayed, please let us know so we don't worry about your safety.
- We promise you will learn something new each time you visit - whether it's from the work, the weather, nature, our team or a fellow volunteer.
- Activities may include seeding, weeding, planting, mulching, watering,harvesting, and post harvest prep. Dirt and bugs are included.
- On any given day it can be wet, dry, cold, hot, windy or any combination. Please dress appropriately and consider your footwear and headgear. We are generally working in grow tunnels and it will be warmer than the outside temperature. Dressing in layers is recommended.
- Sorry, we cannot accommodate volunteers under the age of 16. Please contact us about opportunities and programs for school-aged children.
- Plants need water and so do you. Please bring refreshment.
Contact us about our volunteer opportunities